We’re months into stay at home, and most people are longing to get outside. And there’s no doubt that enjoying the warmer days of summer are a huge mood booster and great for de-stressing. But spending even a little time in the sun can wreak havoc on your delicate locks! Hair can get dry, frizzy and become damaged. Follow these tips for overall beautiful, manageable hair and check out one of our top picks for hair care products!
- Wash your hair a few times a week, no more than every other day. Washing too much especially during the summer months can make your hair dry, and strips it of your own natural oils.
- Use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo that nourishes and has an SPF. And, after you apply sunscreen to your body, try running the remainder through your hair for UV protection.
- Look for products that give hair what it needs most: hydration! You want oils, masks and leave-in conditioners that bring dull, lifeless hair back to life.
- Wear fun hats! It’s a stylish way to shield your strands, while protecting them from sun and wind that can cause damage, especially for fine, color treated hair.
- Don’t forget great hair starts at the scalp and maintaining healthy follicles! Use a natural hot oil (olive, almond, coconut) and mix it with your favorite essential oils (lavender, rosemary). Or, look for a quality hair oil with natural ingredients. Massage your scalp to stimulate blood flow and moisturize your tresses at the same time.